Monday, October 24, 2011

Lucy Jane's Best: Pumpkin Squares with Cream Cheese Frosting


If you are looking for recipes that are tried and true... look no further.
One of my favorite food sites is Lucy Jane's Best.   My friend Shannon who is the founder.  I am not biased at all because I love my friend so much that I named my youngest after her youngest...I promise the food is REALLY good.  I am not a great cook, but the recipes are actually something that I have tried to make myself.  One of my favorites is the Chicken Caesar Wrap.  So go... drool a little, and perhaps find your new favorite recipe!


Pumpkin Squares with Cream Cheese Frosting

20OCT
Through the fall months I love to make plenty of “pumpkin” goodies.  This recipe is one of my favorites because it’s easy, fast and most importantly, delicious!  Plus, it makes a ton so you can share!  I offer a sincere thank you to my friend Carrie L, who passed this lovely recipe on to me!
Pumpkin Squares with Cream Cheese Frosting
Dough:
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 2/3 cups sugar
  • 2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. Baking soda
  • 2 tsp. Baking powder
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup oil
  • 1 small can pumpkin
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.  Add wet ingredients and stir to mix.  Spread into a greased jelly roll pan.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Do not over bake.  Let cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
  • ½ cup butter, softened
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
With an electric mixer, cream butter and cream cheese together until blended.  Add sugar and blend until thoroughly incorporated.  Add vanilla and stir to combine.
Spread onto cooled pumpkin cake and cut into squares.

No comments: