Monday, March 7, 2011

Grow Chart and Sneak Peek

This weekend I realized my 2-year-old is growing like a weed! That weediness inspired me to create a little grow chart so she can see that she is growing, too. Plus I just ordered a bunch of vinyl a few weeks ago and haven't had a chance to make anything yet. :)

I whipped out a quick grow chart using my Cricut Expression and two cartridges. Who knew working with vinyl was so fun and so easy?!

(PS: here's a little sneak peek of the bed my husband and I built for our daughter! I'll put one more shot below...)

The bed is AWESOME. I will write a post with more photos to show it's ultimate coolness, but first we need to fix up the discoloration on the stairs. Word to the wise: if you use polyurethane on a painted project, make sure the type you purchase is not meant to 'enliven the natural glow of your wood' (aka: turn your white steps yellow).

Back to the grow chart for now! The flower is from the Sweet Treats Cricut cartridge. So cute.

The stem has little notches every inch to make measuring more accurate. I actually made the stem from a "border" option on the Wall Decor and More cartridge and it already had the notches programmed in. All I had to do was size it so the notches were 1" apart and voila! Grow chart!


I'm planning to make little leaves to add to the flower stem to mark each measurement we take, but I just slapped it on the wall a few minutes ago and no measurements have been taken as of now. I see more vinyl projects in the new future...

Woohoo!

5 comments:

Carla L. said...

I love it! This is soooo cute! Much better than the pencil marks on the closet door that we used...

Malory {Snips & Spice} said...

I love the bed! I can't believe you built that.

Anonymous said...

This has to be the cutest growth chart EVER! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica

Sassy said...

Well thanks!! The growth chart was crazy easy. The bed...not so much. But our daughter loves it and has to show her room to everyone who steps in the door!

cc said...

That bed is incredible! What a lucky little girl.