Tuesday, September 7, 2010

DIY Wall Paneling/Wainscoting

Since we moved into our house a year and a half ago, my husband and I have had all sorts of projects in mind. Some have happened, some never will! You know how it goes.

One project we've been dying to jump on was the office. Technically the room is supposed to be a dining room, but when would we ever use a dining room? Well, never, since we decided right off to repurpose the room as our home office.

So as I was saying, we've been dying to make the office more presentable. It is, after all, right off the entryway (across from this wall!)

It has looked lame since we moved in. The only sprucing up we had done until now was adding my wall hangings (remember these?) but the room needed so much more.

Here it is before:


Wow! What a room, eh? I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Boring. With a capital, and possibly italicized, B." That's what I've always thought.

But...here it is after:


I really need a wide angle lens, but you get the picture. What do you think? We love the color and the paneling/wainscoting. Research via Google helped make this project possible. Lots of time spent scrolling through images to help us decide what look we wanted. It's the first time we've ever attempted it and we think it turned out lovely!

Because we are who we are, we're not done yet. We have more grand plans to build some desk units and get rid of the giant desk/hutch we have in there right now, but...we're tired. That project is for another day. Month.

What is the most ambitious DIY project you've done? Want to share your pictures with us? Shoot an email to peppersassy@gmail.com and we'll share them on the blog!

Off to relax. Maybe. :)

2 comments:

Carla L. said...

I am sooooo impressed! It really turned out great. I love the contrast with the white and the blue. EXCELLENT JOB!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! We did the dining room to an office thing too. Who has dining rooms anymore? I wanted to do wainscoting in a bathroom but we haven't yet. I just love projects. It would add a layer if you put up molding near the ceiling. Beautiful color.